Who we are
This website is operated by Loan Smart, a registered charity in England and Wales with registration number 1176832, whose registered address is at 5th Floor 2, St James’s Street, London, SW1A 1EF (‘Loan Smart’).
We have enabled IP address anonymisation. This results in the masking of your IP address so that no identifiable personal information is captured or processed by ourselves or Google on our behalf. The cookies will generate anonymous information about users of the website, and this will be stored on servers in the United States by Google, Inc. This information is retained for the purposes of evaluating and compiling reports on website activity and for other services relating to internet usage. This information may be transferred to third parties by Google, Inc where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf. Your IP address will not be associated with any other data held by Google, Inc. For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards;
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided;•
- Performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works; and
- Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
The cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Default expiration time
Google Analytics cookies
2 years from set/update
30 mins from set/update
Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
End of browser session
Used to throttle request rate.
6 months from set/update
Used to distinguish users.
Used to distinguish users.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.